Homegrown Halloween is from 8 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 31.
Starting at 8 p.m., the following streets will be closed to traffic:
- East Franklin Street, from Raleigh Street to Columbia Street
- East Cameron Avenue, from Raleigh Street to South Columbia Street.
- Henderson Street, from East Rosemary Street to East Franklin Street.
Residential streets near downtown will close at 5 p.m. except to residents of those streets and their guests.
Entry points to Franklin Street for pedestrians:
- Any alley located on the north or south side of the 100 block of E. Franklin St.
- Henderson Street.
- Raleigh Street via E. Franklin Street on the north side of Franklin Street.
- McCorkle Place and Raleigh Street via E. Franklin St.
- There will be limited parking in town lots close to downtown; there will be no place for charter buses to drop off or pick up passengers.
- Vehicles parked on streets to be closed will be towed beginning at 6 p.m.
- Vehicles that are illegally parked will be ticketed and towed, with a minimum recovery cost of $105 plus the cost of the ticket.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Glass Bottles
- Fireworks and Explosives
- Flammable Substances
Get more info here from the Town of Chapel Hill