Heating lamp starts house fire in Moore County

(Shutterstock)

Moore County fire officials worked to extinguish a house fire that left two adults and three children without a place to sleep Sunday.

The Whispering Pines Fire Department got the call just before 3 a.m. When they arrived to the home on Farm Life School Road, they saw smoke coming from the roof.


Officials said the fire started because of a heating lamp on the back porch. The fire went up the wall and extended to the attic and roof.

The five people inside the house were not injured, but they were displaced.

Report a Typo
Related Topics:
house fireWhispering Pines
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)