Trash can fire forces evacuation from NC Central dorm

North Carolina Central University

The Durham Fire Department is investigating a fire at the Richmond Residence Hall on the NCCU campus.

It happened just before 7 a.m. Saturday in the 800 block of East Lawson Street.

Firefighters put out a small fire in a trash can in a cooking area.

The fire caused minor structural damage to the ceiling and some smoke damage.

Students in that building were evacuated.

There were no injuries.

Report a Typo
Related Topics:
nccufireDurham
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)