17-year-old charged with murder in Clayton mobile home park shooting captured

Cortaz Quemel Lucas Jr. (image courtesy Clayton Police Department)

Clayton police say a teen wanted in the murder of his mother's boyfriend was captured early Wednesday morning in Fayetteville.

They had been looking for 17-year-old Cortaz Quemel Lucas Jr. since December 28 with the help of the FBI and SBI.

Police said last month they believe Lucas shot and killed 28-year-old Robert Lee Horton inside his mobile home in the 1000 block of South Lombard Street.

Investigators said it's believed a domestic dispute led to the shooting. Horton was found with multiple gunshot wounds and was rushed to Wake Med Hospital in Raleigh where he was later pronounced dead.

Lucas is charged with first-degree murder.

Police said Fayetteville officers were able to stop a car and take Lucas into custody without incident. He was hiding in the passenger floor-board area of the car.

Lucas is being held without bond on the first-degree murder charge.

He also faces charges related to an alleged misdemeanor probation violation and second-degree trespass and assault-inflicting-serious-injury charges from the summer of 2014

Report a Typo
Related Topics:
murdershootingClayton
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)