Firefighters say hot tub sparked Pinehurst house fire

Firefighters extinguished a blaze they say started because of a backyard hot tub

Multiple emergency crews responded to a major house fire in Pinehurst on Wednesday.

Authorities said it happened early in the afternoon at 124 Juniper Creek Boulevard.

A neighbor spotted flames coming from the home and called the fire department. By the time crews arrived, the flames engulfed the house.

Officials are looking at a hot tub at the back of the house as the possible cause.

There were no injuries. It is unclear if anyone was home at the time of the fire.

Report a Typo
Related Topics:
house firefirefighters
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)