DENVER, N.C. -- A venomous snake in the gardening department bit a man at a home improvement store in North Carolina.
WSOC-TV reports the man was shopping for flowers to surprise his wife when it happened.
Lowe's employees killed the snake with a shovel.
The man - who was not identified - was taken to the hospital. His family said he's in a lot of pain, but should be okay.
The North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service says copperheads are responsible for most venomous snake bites in the state. Officials say the bites are rarely fatal.
Report a Typo