FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Fayetteville firefighters say unattended cooking caused a fire that ripped through four Treetops Apartments in the 800 block of Greenleaf Drive.
Just after 2 a.m. Thursday morning, firefighters were called out to the fire and found flames shooting through the roof and windows. They evacuated eight apartments but four were actually damaged.
One neighbor, Aslin Inman, said he woke up around four in the morning to see firefighters still on scene, "I didn't know if it was my building or the one beside me on fire."
Thankfully for him, it wasn't his building, but as he surveyed the charred remains of his neighbor's homes early Thursday morning, he was thankful to hear no one was hurt, "an apartment can be replaced, as long as everybody is okay, that's what matters."
No damage estimate has been released just yet, but firefighters say the American Red Cross is helping the nine people displaced by the fire.
Report a Typo
More TOP STORIES News