FOUR OAKS, N.C. (WTVD) -- A mobile home fire in Johnston County displaced a family Saturday night.
The mobile home is located on Boyette Road in Four Oaks. Authorities said the family was using the kitchen stove to heat the home. They left to go to the store and didn't turn off the stove.
Officials said the fire was out of control when they returned. A small puppy did not survive.
The Red Cross has stepped in to assist the family.
Report a Typo
Fire guts mobile home in Johnston County; puppy killed in blaze