Man injured in Fayetteville house fire

EMBED </>More Videos

The man was airlifted to the UNC Burn Center in Chapel Hill for treatment

The bitter cold is to blame for a house fire that badly injured a Fayetteville man overnight.

The fire broke out around 1 a.m. in the 100 block of Mary Street off Ramsey Street near Martin Luther King Jr. Freeway.

Officials said they believe the victim may have accidentally started the blaze while trying to light a kerosene heater to keep warm.

The man was airlifted to the UNC Burn Center in Chapel Hill for treatment. His condition is unknown at this time.

Report a Typo
Related Topics:
house fireFayetteville
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)