Firefighters were called to the home in the 900 block of Piney Grove Rawls just after 2:30 a.m.
The man was not immediately identified pending positive identification by the medical examiner.
Neighbors said 54-year-old Reginald Sneed lived in the home.
A close friend who spoke with ABC11 said Sneed had no enemies and speculated the cause of the fire was likely accidental - possibly a space heater.
"Looked out the window and saw the fire trucks and the trailer was just in flames - it was engulfed. And I knew it was kind of bad when I saw the flames. I knew he was probably in there. My best friend," said Algernon Burton.
The Harnett County Fire Marshall's Office and Sheriff's Office are investigating.
Report a Typo