Man rushed to hospital after house fire in Fayetteville

EMBED </>More Videos

A Fayetteville man was taken to the hospital after a house fire (WTVD)

A Fayetteville man is being treated at the UNC Burn Center after what appears to be an accidental house fire caused by logs.

The victim, Williford Rosario, was transferred to UNC from Cape Fear Valley Medical Center Sunday evening. Authorities said Monday that Rosario suffered burns, mostly to his lower legs.

Neighbors in the Beaver Creek South community reported the fire at Rosario's home just before 7 p.m. The home is located in the 5600 block of Pepperbush Drive.


Authorities said preliminary reports show the fire started with a set of logs, and spread because of petroleum products in the home. The products were from car maintenance work Rosario did around his home.

Most of the damage to the house is on the back and left sides of the home. The fire also damaged siding to Rosario's neighbor's home.

An unidentified friend of Rosario's said Monday that Rosario is recovering well at UNC.

"Thank God he's going to be okay," the friend said.

The Fayetteville Fire and Police Departments are investigating the fire.

Report a Typo
Related Topics:
firehouse fireFayetteville
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)