LAWRENCE, Mass. -- A police department in Lawrence, Massachusetts released video of a woman who overdosed inside a store while she was with her 2-year-old daughter.
The video shows the toddler trying to wake up her mother, who passed out Sunday morning at a Family Dollar store. The 2-year-old screams and tugs at her mother's limp body.
Authorities said the woman may have overdosed on an oral form of heroin or possibly Fentanyl. Drug paraphernalia was found in her bag, including straws and baggies with drug residue.
The woman's life was saved after paramedics gave her two doses of Narcan. She was arrested and expected to face charges such as child endangerment. The little girl was put in protective custody.
The police chief said the video was released to show people the consequences of drug use and the impact it has on the users, loved ones and first responders.
Video shows mother overdose inside store in front of 2-year-old daughter
More TOP STORIES News