WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania (WTVD) -- A Pittsburgh television news photographer had a camera set up for a live report when he noticed a man near his live truck passed out in a Jeep.
Dave Clark pulled the man from the vehicle and began CPR, but the man's pulse just kept getting weaker and weaker.
When paramedics arrived, they immediately realized they were dealing with a heroin overdose.
They gave the man the drug Narcan which reverses the effects of heroin. Within minutes, he opened his eyes and was able to walk himself over to a waiting stretcher.
He was taken to a hospital for follow-up treatment.
Emergency workers said if the TV news crew hadn't been there, the man likely would have died.
Report a Typo
Must-See Videos: TV news photographer saves a life
More TOP STORIES News