FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Fayetteville emergency crews responded to a house fire call Sunday morning.
It happened just before 11 a.m. in the 600 block of Deep Creek Road.
When crews arrived, they saw heavy smoke coming out of the front right corner of the single-story home. Everyone was out of the house and across the street when firefighters got there.
Officials said they had the fire under control in about 10 minutes.
According to authorities, it was an accident caused by juveniles playing with a lighter.
Damages were estimated at $30,000.
The American Red Cross was on scene to help the occupants.
Fayetteville house fire sparked by kids playing with lighter, firefighters say
More TOP STORIES News