LAKEVIEW, NC (WTVD) -- Officials in Moore County say an overturned cooking grill on a porch touched off a raging fire that destroyed a mobile home in the Lakeview community Monday morning.
Firefighters were called to Merry Oak Road just after 7 a.m., but the flames had a big head start on them.
They got the flames put out, but about half of the home was already gone. Officials said a man renting the property lost pretty much everything he owns.
No one was hurt.
Report a Typo
Raging fire devours mobile home in Lakeview
Firefighters were called to Merry Oak Road just after 7 a.m. (image courtesy Cypress Pointe Fire and Rescue)
More TOP STORIES News