Prevention.com reports the following holiday dangers for your furrbabies:
- Mistletoe could cause vomiting if your cats and dogs eat the sprigs.
- Holly causes a similar reaction, but it can be much worse.
- Christmas tree needles can cause an obstruction requiring surgery if your pet eats too many of them.
- Pollen on lilies can cause kidney failure in your cat, even if they just brush against it.
- Poinsettias are also commonly known to be poisonous to pets. They can cause upset stomachs if eaten. But in truth, the danger of poinsettias are largely exaggerated.
Related: Don't feed your dog these foods from your holiday feast