North Carolina boy finds pin inside mini Snickers after trick-or-treating

SALISBURY, N.C. -- A father says his 12-year-old son bit into a straight pin that was inside of the child's Halloween candy in North Carolina.

News outlets report the boy bit into a mini Snickers and that something stuck the roof of his mouth. The father says it was a straight pin with no head.

Capt. John Sifford says the Rowan County Sheriff's Office responded to a call Wednesday around 8:30 p.m.

Stay on top of breaking news stories with the ABC11 News App

It was determined that a child was stuck with a needle, but authorities say he was unsure of which house he may have received the candy from.

He was treated for a minor injury.

The father said he told his children he'll buy them candy for Halloween from now on.

The video in the player above is from a related story.

Copyright © 2022 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.