Each year over 35,000 visitors come to BugFest to experience over 100 exhibits, crafts, games and activities. The event provides the opportunity for you to interact with entomologists and other scientists so you can continue learning about the fascinating world of bugs. BugFest also features Café Insecta, where the brave can sample buggy dishes prepared by local chefs. The best part is, it's all free!
Our team at ABC11 Science Club looks forward to enjoying the following at BugFest 2017:
- Entertaining displays, exhibits and activities - both inside and outside the Museum.
- Learning about arthropods, which make up three-quarters of all animals on Earth, during fascinating presentations.
- Tasting delectable dishes featuring creepy crawlers as a major ingredient at Café Insecta.
- Joining moths, fireflies and katydids for an exhilarating evening of nocturnal activities at the Evening Insectival.
- Learning how to keep your own hive at a Beekeeping Workshop.
- Bringing an unusual bug to the Stump the Experts table.
BugFest 2017 takes place this Saturday, September 16, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM at Jones Street, The Plaza, Edenton Street, and all four floors of the Museum will be filled with buggy fun!Following BugFest, BugFest: Evening Insectival will host live bands, bug stations, a nocturnal insect tour and a street carnival.
For more information on BugFest 2017visit our Facebook page as we count down to the big day!