DURHAM, North Carolina (WTVD) -- The Sheriff's Anti-Crime Narcotic Unit has charged a Durham man in connection with a drug operation.
Tireco Carlos Lamont Ryals, 39, was arrested Thursday at his residence in the 300 block of Dowd Street.
Narcotics Unit agents executed search warrants at Ryals' home. They considered this a high-priority case because his residence is close to an elementary school.
Investigators seized cocaine, cash, and a stolen firearm.
Ryals was charged with:
- maintain dwelling/place for controlled substance within 1000 feet of a school
- maintain dwelling/place for controlled substance (cocaine)
- possession of drug paraphernalia (digital scale & plastic bags)
- stolen firearm (Walther 9mm handgun)
- possession of firearm by a felon
Ryals was jailed under $50,000 bond. He later posted bond.