This comes after city leaders discussed earlier this week the possibility of a proposed curfew for minors.
Police said detectives obtained a secure custody order for the teen as part of their ongoing investigation into the incidents that occurred July 4. On Tuesday, members of the U.S. Marshals Service located and took the juvenile into custody in Staten Island, New York.
The teen was transferred to a juvenile detention facility and is awaiting extradition back to North Carolina, police said.
Authorities said the teen faces the following charges:
- Two counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury
- Discharging a firearm into occupied property
- Felony riot
- Possession of a firearm by a minor
This is the seventh teen arrested in connection to this incident. Police said the investigation remains ongoing.