Woman injured in Raleigh house fire

Firefighters at the scene of a house fire on Hanover and Aycock streets Wednesday morning. (ABC11 Reporter Gloria Rodriguez)

A woman was injured in a house fire in Raleigh's Five Points area Wednesday morning.

Just after 5 a.m., numerous fire crews were called to the house in the 1500 block of Hanover Street, near Aycock Street, after heavy smoke was seen coming from the home's attic.



A woman was taken to the North Carolina Jaycee Burn Center at UNC Health Care after suffering second degree burns to her hand and smoke inhalation. No one else was injured.

Firefighters were able to get the flames under control by 5:30 a.m. It appeared the fire damaged a covered front porch.

It is unclear what sparked the blaze.

Related Topics:
newshouse fireRaleigh
(Copyright ©2016 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments