Fire forces woman, Chihuahua from Clayton home

A woman, her daughter-in-law and their Chihuahua were burned out of their home. (Town of Clayton)

A house fire in Clayton left a woman, her daughter-in-law and their Chihuahua burned out of their home Friday.

Just before 5 p.m., a passerby noticed flames and smoke coming from a house in the 400 block of W. Front Street and called 911.

An elderly woman and her dog were home at the time. The daughter-in-law had just arrived home from work to find the house smoking.

Clayton Fire, Clayton Police and Johnston Emergency Services arrived in time to help the daughter-in-law carry the woman and dog from the burning house.

No one was injured.

A quick response from Clayton Fire crews helped keep the home, which is about 100 years old. from being destroyed.

There is no official cause of the fire, but authorities suspect it may have started in the kitchen.

Report a Typo
Related Topics:
newshouse fireClayton
(Copyright ©2016 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments