SPRING, Texas --A woman is facing charges after becoming stuck in a chimney at a home in Texas early Friday morning. She says she was just trying to get out of the cold.
Emergency workers were called to a home on Spring Stuebner Road and Cricket Drive after the woman, identified as Lauren Fox, 20, realized she couldn't get out of the chimney.
Spring Fire Department District Chief Kevin Wiseman says Fox called 911 after being stuck for two hours.
"Once we arrived on the scene, it took about 45 minutes to remove the necessary bricks to extricate her," Wiseman says.
Fox suffered only minor bumps and scrapes. She was arrested by Harris County Sheriff's deputies after being freed from the chimney. She's not charged with criminal trespass of habitation.
"She was vocal with us, but didn't comment on how she got in there," Wiseman says.
Officers say the home is vacant, but the homeowners came to the scene. Homeowners said they check on the house every few days.
Report a Typo