Teen's laptop sparks Wake Forest house fire

EMBED </>More News Videos

A fire damaged a house in Wake Forest (WTVD)

A teen's laptop sparked a house fire in Wake Forest Friday afternoon.

Fire officials got the call about 2:55 p.m. in the 500 block of Checkmate Circle.

Authorities said the teen came up to the bedroom to find his laptop on fire on his bed. He closed his bedroom door and the house's four occupants managed to escape the home unharmed.

Authorities said the fire burned the teen's room. The hatch to the attic was in his bedroom, so the flames extended to that space as well.

Firefighters had to cut holes in the roof to extinguish the blaze. Luckily, no one involved got hurt.

The displaced occupants are staying with family, authorities said.

Report a Typo
Related Topics:
newsfirehouse firelaptopsWake Forest
(Copyright ©2016 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments