• WEATHER ALERT Winter Storm Warning
  • Click here for the latest weather-related closings and delays

Police ID victims in Fayetteville crash; charges filed

EMBED </>More Videos

Terek Johnson faces multiple charges from the deadly Fayetteville crash.

The Fayetteville Police Department has identified the remaining people involved in the fatal crash on Cliffdale Road on Wednesday, and also announced charges against the driver of a Ford Mustang involved in the three-car wreck.

Latisha Allen, 33, of the 2100 block of Elvira Street, was a rear seat passenger of the Mustang. She died at the scene.

Antonio Dewan Allen, 24, of the 2300 block of Barrington Circle, was a rear seat passenger of the Mustang. Allen died at the scene.

Kassandra Nicole Taylor Jones, 17, of the 6900 block of Sherill Baggett Road, in Falcon, was a rear seat passenger in the Mustang. She died at the scene.

A 15-year-old girl, who was a front seat passenger of the Mustang, also died at the scene. She was not identified by police.

Lesly Williams, 22, of the 7900 block of Beaver Dam Road in Autryville, was a rear seat passenger of the Ford Mustang.

Williams is in serious but stable condition at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center.

Kassandra Taylor-Jones

Earlier, Taylor Jones' father told ABC11 on Friday that his daughter was one of the five people killed.


He said she had just moved from Raleigh to Fayetteville. He saw her Monday night and said she left in a red Ford Mustang.

Flowers have been placed at the intersection where the deadly crash happened.

The crash happened shortly after 8 p.m. on Cliffdale Road near Lynhurst Drive, near Skibo Road. Four died in the crash. The fifth passed away Thursday morning.

Police said the six people were in the Mustang on their way back from a pool party when it was involved in the crash with two other cars.

The driver of the Mustang was identified as Terek Rashad Johnson, 22, of the 1000 block of Cain Road in Fayetteville. He's listed in serious condition at at UNC Hospital.

Johnson is charged with five counts of involuntary manslaughter, two counts of felony serious injury by motor vehicle - driving while impaired, driving while impaired, reckless driving to endanger the public, driving left of center, and unsafe tires.

Shannah Lee Botts, 33, of Fayetteville, was killed in the wreck. Police said Botts was driving her Kia home from the gym when she crashed. She has three children.

Shannah Lee Botts

The third driver in a Ford Crown Victoria was identified as 29-year-old Dadrian Rashad Thomas of Fayetteville. He was treated at the hospital and released.

EMBED More News Videos

Exclusive interview with Dadrian Rashad Thomas after the fatal Fayetteville crash that killed 5 and injured 3

Speaking with ABC11, Thomas described seeing one car crossing over the lanes and coming right for him, hitting his front driver side.

"I was coming down the road and a car was in the air and it came and hit me," Thomas said.

Police said the investigation showed that Thomas' Crown Victoria was traveling westbound in the right-hand straight lane of Cliffdale Road at approximately 45 mph. The Kia driven by Botts was traveling westbound in the left-hand straight lane of Cliffdale Road at approximately 45 mph.

The Mustang driven by Johnson, however, was traveling eastbound on Cliffdale Road, at a high rate of speed and lost control, turning sideways and crossed the center turn lane into the westbound travel lanes.

The Mustang collided, broadside, with the Kia, became airborne, and struck the Crown Victoria on its driver side. The Mustang then came to rest on its roof in the westbound lanes, with the Kia coming to rest in the center turn lane.

The Crown Victoria came to rest, partially in the westbound right hand straight lane and partially on the sidewalk.

Marvin Portillo lives near Cliffdale Road, not far from Lynhurst Drive in Fayetteville. He had just walked out of his apartment to walk his dog when he heard a loud noise around 8 p.m. Wednesday.

"I heard the screech of the tires and the crumpling of the cars," Portillo recalled.

He started running toward the noise and called 911. When he found the source of the noise, it was a hard scene to take in.

"That's when I started seeing, unfortunately, people on the ground."


Report a Typo

Related Topics:
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)