Visitors travel from near and far to Bear Creek, North Carolina to enjoy a trip to the Southern Supreme factory, which houses a sampling room in which visitors can taste food items and a showroom where they can buy them.
With holiday season right around the corner, check out five great reasons to consider visiting 2017 Southern Supreme Open House this year.
1.Get Started with Holiday Shopping: There's no better feeling that completing your Christmas shopping early! Southern Supreme offers a variety of gourmet holiday treats, and products like cookbooks, to gift your loved ones.
2. Sample Delicious Products: While fruitcake is the cornerstone of the family-owned business, a visit to the showroom introduces guests to an assortment of samples of gourmet holiday treats, including cookies, jams, jellies, pralines, truffles, coffee, Open House Cider Mix and cocoa made from fresh-shaved chocolate!
3. Take a Kitchen Tour: Southern Supreme's factory houses multiple kitchens, and allows visitors to discover how delicious delectables - from the world-famous fruitcakes to their cheese florets - are made.
4. Meet the Family behind the Fruitcake: Southern Supreme, a family-owned business, began over 30 years ago with an original fruitcake recipe by family matriarch, Berta Lou Scott, the support of her devoted husband Hoyt, and members of the Scott family.
Berta Lou's unique, delectable recipe helped catapult Southern Supreme from a modest start on a small country farm to a now 30,000-square foot facility. A trip to the Southern factory will allow you to meet members of the Scott family for a truly personalized, behind-the-scenes experience.
5. Win Door Prizes: No Open House event is complete without door prizes! Southern Supreme will be offering a variety of door prizes to guests on each of the following event dates:
- Thursday October 12, 9 AM to 5 PM
- Friday October 13, 9 AM to 5 PM
- Saturday October 14, 9 AM to 5 PM
- Sunday October 15, 9 AM to 5 PM
Southern Supreme is located at 1699 Hoyt Scott Rd in Bear Creek.To learn more about upcoming Open House events, gourmet specialties, or to schedule a tour, visit SouthernSupreme.com.