Here it is:
-2 ripe Hass avocados
-2 tsp lime juice
-2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
-1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
-1/2 jalapeno, including seeds (finely chopped)
-1/4 tsp kosher salt
How to do it:
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Needless to say, Chipotle fans were overjoyed by the announcement, especially considering (as all true Chipotle know to be true) "guac is extra."
Chipotle's guac recipe: http://t.co/TSa1CpFoE6 <and there was much rejoicing>— Bryan Morrow (@bryanontheloose) May 4, 2015
Chipotle Has Revealed Its Guacamole Recipe http://t.co/PeHhrnDm4U— lifestylespotter (@lifestylespot1) May 3, 2015
I've been kind of off Chipotle lately, but for some reason seeing that guacamole recipe has me craving it for dinner. Well played, Chipotle.— RuthAnne (@ruthanne_snow) May 4, 2015
But not everyone was as impressed.
I'm excited that @ChipotleTweets put out their guacamole recipe, but what I reeeeeally want is the hot salsa recipe. So freakin' good.— Samantha Murphy (@scmphoto) May 4, 2015
Do you love guacamole? Share your favorite recipe in the comments below.