The 6-foot-3, 190-pound Butler is the leading scorer (15.1 points per game) for the top-ranked Bears, who beatKansas State73-67 on Monday night to extend their win streak to 19 games. Baylor was voted No. 1 in the Associated Press Top 25 for the third consecutive week on Monday.
The Big Ten was tabbed with the other two additions to the Wooden list, as Minnesotacenter Daniel Oturu and Marylandforward Jalen Smith also appeared on the revised list. Oturu averages 19.7 points and a Big Ten-leading 11.1 rebounds for the Golden Gophers. Smith has emerged as one of the league's toughest matchups, as the sophomore currently owns the Big Ten's best 3-point percentage in conference games (17-of-32, 53.1%) and is second in the league on 2s (43-of-70, 61.4%).
Players excised from the Wooden Watch since the 25-player list was announced on Jan. 8 included Kentuckyguards Ashton Hagans and Tyrese Maxey,Michigan's Zavier Simpson,Ohio State's Kaleb Wesson,Washington's Isaiah Stewart,Memphis' Precious Achiuwa,Iowa State's Tyrese Haliburton andOregon State's Tres Tinkle.
The updated Wooden list includes seven seniors, three juniors, eight sophomores, and two freshmen.
A complete look at the Wooden Late Season Top 20:
- Udoka Azubuike,Kansas(7-0, Sr., C)
- Saddiq Bey, Villanova(6-8, So., F)
- Jared Butler, Baylor (6-3, So., G)
- Vernon Carey Jr., Duke(6-10, Fr., C)
- Anthony Cowan Jr., Maryland (6-0, Sr., G)
- Devon Dotson, Kansas (6-2, So., G)
- Anthony Edwards, Georgia(6-5, Fr., G)
- Malachi Flynn, San Diego State(6-1, Jr., G)
- Luka Garza, Iowa(6-11, Jr., C)
- Markus Howard, Marquette(5-11, Sr., G)
- Tre Jones, Duke (6-3, So., G)
- Jordan Nwora, Louisville(6-7, Jr., F)
- Daniel Oturu, Minnesota (6-10, So., C)
- Filip Petrusev, Gonzaga(6-11, So., F)
- Myles Powell, Seton Hall(6-2, Sr., G)
- Payton Pritchard, Oregon(6-2, Sr., G)
- Jalen Smith, Maryland (6-10, So., F)
- Lamar Stevens, Penn State(6-8, Sr., F)
- Obi Toppin, Dayton(6-9, So., F)
- Cassius Winston, Michigan State(6-1, Sr., G)