The automaker is recalling almost half a million Ram pickups with 6.7-liter engines.
The recall affects the following models:
- 2013-2017 Ram 2500 pickups
- 2013-2017 Ram 3500 pickups
- 2013-2017 Ram 3500 chassis cabs
- 2013-2017 Ram 4500 chassis cabs
- 2013-2017 Ram 5500 chassis cabs
A company spokesman said the problem could cause the trucks to overheat, exposing drivers to everything from a burning odor to a fire.
Chrysler said it is aware of only a small number of incidents as a result of the water pump problems.
If you have a question about the recall, you can contact Fiat Chrysler at its U.S. Recall Information Center by calling (800) 853-1403.