Charcoal fire smokes up Home Depot store

Home Depot in Wake Forest

December 2, 2009 9:43:03 PM PST
A Home Depot store in Wake Forest suffered smoke and water damage Wednesday night after a fire.It happened just before 7 p.m. off Capital Boulevard.

The fire chief says a bag of charcoal somehow caught fire inside the store.

He says teh bag was in the top racks, so fire fighters are still trying to figure out what sparked the blaze.

The fire created enough smoke to fill the 150,000 square foot store with heavy smoke.

It set off the sprinkler system dumping water inside the store and forcing shoppers to evacuate outside.

Further details about the incident are not available at this time.

Send pictures | Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts
Most Popular  |  Follow abc11 on Twitter  |  abc11 on Facebook


Load Comments