Jury deciding case of 3 NC men in terror trial

Eight are accused of plotting terrorism

October 12, 2011 2:56:47 PM PDT
Jurors began deliberations Wednesday morning in the case of three North Carolina men accused of plotting terrorist attacks on the U.S. Marine Corps base in Quantico, Va. and targets overseas.

The case was turned over to jurors a day after closing arguments wrapped up in the month-long trial.

Mohammad Omar Aly Hassan, Ziyad Yaghi and Hysen Sherifi have all pleaded not guilty.

Prosecutors have said they were part of a group of men led by Daniel Boyd who raised money and trained to carry out acts of terrorism. Boyd and his two sons pleaded guilty earlier this year in the case.

Attorneys for the men said they're guilty of nothing more than discussing ideas that others might find objectionable.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook

Load Comments