Gas station near local college catches fire

A Citgo gas station in Pembroke was gutted after fire broke out Sunday night. (Von Master Videography)
November 7, 2011 9:20:46 AM PST
A Citgo gas station near a local college was gutted after catching fire Sunday night.

The fire started before 10 p.m. at the Citgo in the 500 block of W. 3rd Street in Pembroke.

According to eyewitness video from the scene, smoke and flames were pouring out of the roof of the convenience store. It took several fire crews to finally get the blaze under control.

It is unclear what sparked the fire.

The gas station is less than a mile away from UNC Pembroke's campus. The town of Pembroke is about 13 miles outside of Lumberton.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook


Load Comments