Mothers say children sexually assaulted on school bus

December 20, 2011 3:46:05 PM PST
The parents of two elementary school students say their children were inappropriately touched by another student on a Wake County school bus. The victims are just 5 and 6-years-old. One is a kindergartner and the other is a first grader at Partnership Elementary in Raleigh.

Parents of two elementary school students say their children were inappropriately touched by another student. The victims are just 5 and 6 years old. One is a kindergartner and the other is a first grader at Partnership Elementary in Raleigh.

The children's mothers said that on Dec. 5, the 5-year-old girl came home and told her mother that an older boy on the bus had pulled her pants down and touched her private parts with his mouth.

After alerting the school principal and Raleigh police, the 6-year-old boy revealed to a detective that he had been molested as well by the 9 year old. The moms say both victims were traumatized.

However, after an investigation, the mothers say they were told that the accused student would be suspended for just three days. They are outraged.

"I wanted him to be expelled," said Heather, whose daughter was allegedly molested on school bus. "I couldn't believe that this boy that sexually assaulted my daughter was going to be allowed at the school."

Wake County Schools said that their investigation revealed conflicting stories about what happened on the bus. The district did confirm it took disciplinary action against the 9 year old.

After another disturbance on the school bus last week, the accused 9 year old was suspended from the bus for the rest of the school year.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook


Load Comments