Eighteen-month-old Nicholas Vest of /*Parkton*/ was playing with a garden hose while his mother was cleaning out the family swimming pool.
Sue Ellen Ramer told investigators she left Nicholas to take her younger child in to the house.
When she returned, Nicholas was nowhere to be found. Family and friends began searching for him when he was finally discovered in the bottom of the algae filled pool.
Emergency crews were called to the home shortly after 6:00 p.m. while Ramer administered CPR. The child was transported to /*Cape Fear Valley Medical Center*/.
Doctors pronounced Vest died at 10:30 p.m.
Investigators say there is no foul play suspected at this time.