Firefighters battle major blaze in Raleigh

WTVD logo
Sunday, March 1, 2015
Fire generic

RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The Raleigh Fire Department responded to a major fire early Sunday morning that displaced 4 people.

Authorities said it happened around 1:15 a.m. at 1200 Westmoreland Drive, a single story home.

When firefighters arrived on the scene, they saw heavy smoke and flames coming from the back porch. They said the fire started accidentally in the outdoor fireplace, and the blaze quickly moved into the house and


One of the residents sustained minor burns while trying to extinguish the flames. All four of the residents managed to make it out safely.

The Raleigh Police Department and the Red Cross joined firefighters on the scene. The house is heavily damaged.

Report a Typo