On Thursday, Durham police said they have taken out more charges on 21-year-old Junior Fidel Ramos of Zebulon, and 16-year-old Antonio Navarro-Saldivar of Raleigh.
Investigators said they believe the pair were involved in four crimes in Durham reported on Oct. 7.
It started around 7:30 p.m. when a woman taking out trash in the 1500 block of South Roxboro Street said she was confronted by two men in a small white car. The passenger got out of the car and robbed her at gunpoint of her phone, cigarettes and other items.
About 30 minutes later, a woman was getting out of her car in a parking lot in the 3700 block of Southwest Durham Drive when a small white car with two men inside, pulled up behind her. One of the men robbed her of her purse at gunpoint and told her to lie on the ground.
A short time later, a woman was in a parked car in the parking lot of Hardees at 2721 Chapel Hill Road when a man armed with a gun tapped on her window. The woman told police she blew her horn several times, scaring the man away. The man and a second man fled in a small white car.
Around 10 p.m., two men were seen in surveillance video entering the at the Tobacco Plus Mini Mart at 2017 Chapel Hill Road and robbing the clerks at gunpoint. One suspect fired shots as they left the store. No one was injured.
Durham investigators have charged Ramos with two counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon, one count of attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon, three counts of conspiring to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon and one count of possession of a stolen vehicle.
He is currently in the Wake County jail after being arrested by Garner police earlier this week.
Ramos is charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon and felony larceny for allegedly stealing a 2012 Nissan Maxima from a woman in the White Oak neighborhood.
In addition, the Raleigh Police Department charged Ramos in incidents in late September and October 23.
Authorities are still searching for Navarro-Saldivar. Detectives have warrants for his arrest.
Durham investigators charged Navarro-Saldivar Wednesday evening with two counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon, one count of attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon, three counts of conspiring to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon, one count of possession of a stolen vehicle, three counts of going armed to the terror of the public, one count of discharging a firearm into occupied property, one count of injury to property, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, three counts of carrying a concealed gun, one count of assault by pointing a gun and one count of communicating threats.
Navarro-Saldivar is also facing charges in Wake County.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT THOSE CASES
Anyone with information about the Durham incident can call CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
Report a Typo