Agents believe the same man has held-up at least 16 banks in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee since 2009 and they are offering a $15,000 reward for clues leading to his arrest.
His most recent bank robbery was last Friday in Etowah, near Pisgah National Forest in western North Carolina.
See breaking news? Tell us about it here.
Bank surveillance video shows his terrifying robberies. The robber often jumps over the bank counter wielding a black handgun.
Clues are limited because he is always heavily disguised, but agents know he walks with a limp affecting his right leg and he wore black Nikes in his most recent robbery.
The FBI believes he is a white man, about 40 years old, could be about 6 feet, 6 inches tall and weighs between 210 and 250 pounds.
The "Too Tall Bandit" struck twice in November after taking an apparent break since Jan. 2019.
Here is a list of his robberies over the past eleven years:
- November 27, 2009, Volunteer State Bank, 2920 Highway 31 W, White House, TN
- November 12, 2010, Sumner Bank & Trust, 780 Browns Lane, Gallatin, TN
- November 09, 2012, SunTrust Bank, 731 Cool Springs Blvd, Franklin, TN
- March 31, 2014, First Tennessee Bank, 11864 Kingston Pike, Farragut, TN
- November 24, 2014, Tri-Summit Bank, 156 East Broadway Blvd, Jefferson City, TN
- November 13, 2015, Home Federal Bank, 3671 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN
- October 27, 2016, Capital Bank, 136 Concord Road, Knoxville, TN
- November 25, 2016, First Citizens Bank, 104 Edgewood Street, Lyman, SC
- November 16, 2016, Home Trust Bank, 140 Airport Road, Arden, NC
- November 17, 2017, BB&T Bank, 263 East Broadway Blvd, Jefferson City, TN
- November 24, 2017, Citizen's National Bank, 813 Huckleberry Lane, Knoxville, TN
- October 26, 2018, BB&T Bank, 818 Church St, N. Concord, NC
- December 21, 2018, BB&T Bank, 850 Merrimon Ave, Asheville, NC
- January 04, 2019, SunTrust Bank, 731 Cool Springs Blvd, Franklin, TN
- November 06, 2020, First Bank, 2 Market St, Brevard, NC
- November 27, 2020, United Community Bank, 50 United Bank Dr, Etowah, NC
Anyone with information is asked to call 1-800-225-5324.