Fire breaks out at Fayetteville fast-food eatery

WTVD logo
Thursday, December 31, 2015
Close up image of a fire truck

FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Fayetteville firefighters responded to a restaurant fire Wednesday evening.

When units arrived about 10:30 p.m. at Zaxby's at 9556 Cliffdale Road, they saw heavy smoke coming from the one-story eatery.

The fire happened in the kitchen area, and firefighters said they were able to contain it to that section, focusing primarily on one cooking unit.

There was some smoke damage throughout the building, and one man was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation but not taken to a hospital.

The Cumberland County Health Department is also investigating.

No damage estimates are available and the cause of the fire has been ruled accidental, because of a part failure in the cooker.

Report a Typo