Ferries will continue operating on most routes until it becomes unsafe.
- The last departure to Cedar Island is at 8:30 p.m. Thursday.
- The last departure to Swan Quarter will be at 7 a.m. Friday, Aug. 26.
- Hatteras-Ocracoke will begin departing on the hour only beginning Friday morning.
- Operations will suspend at 3:45 p.m. Friday.
- Southport-Fort Fisher, Cherry Branch-Minnesott Beach and Bayview-Aurora will maintain normal operations as long as possible.
Two vessels will be moored at Stumpy Point on the mainland Friday afternoon with crews standing by in case the emergency route to Rodanthe on the Outer Banks needs to be activated after the storm passes.
Operations will return to normal as soon as soon as the U.S. Coast Guard deems it safe.