Elderly man dies in house fire

November 25, 2011 5:54:28 AM PST
Police say an elderly man died in a house fire Wednesday afternoon.

Firefighters were called to the home at 1225 Gay St. just after 3 p.m. They said 81-year-old Charles Clarence Odom apparently couldn't get out of the home and died inside.

Odom's wife and two adult sons made it out unhurt.

Investigators said it appeared the fire began in the kitchen area. They said the cause of the fire does not appear to be suspicious. The investigation continues.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook

Load Comments