Fayetteville fire leaves 208 without place to stay

December 24, 2011 5:38:30 AM PST
Hundreds of Fayetteville residents will not be spending the holidays in their home, after a fire displaced an entire building.

The Fayetteville Fire Department says a fire started on the stove at a room in the Value Place Inn on Cliffdale Road Thursday night. After the fire, a sprinkler system turned on and caused the first two floors of the hotel to flood.

In all, the fire and flooding affected 208 individuals.

The American Red Cross assisted residents into other Value Place locations and other hotels in the area. The Red Cross also gave about 36 families debit cards to buy food and other necessities.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook

Load Comments