Sean Combs was sentenced to 50 months in prison last year for his conviction on two prostitution-related offenses.
The Durham County Sheriff's Office (DCSO) said the deputy has been with DCSO for 19 years.
The disgraced music mogul is expected to be tried on the now-five count indictment next month.
Suspect in hourslong Zebulon manhunt, another man accused of attacking woman, holding her against her will.
Sean "Diddy" Combs wished spectators a "Happy Holidays" as he left court following a brief hearing Wednesday, during which prosecutors said they were on pace to turn over more evidence to Combs' defense attorneys by the end of the year.
The 14 arrested were described as "sex buyers" who were targeted in part through undercover ads soliciting sex.