Fire forces hotel guests outside

December 1, 2009 9:09:40 AM PST
Authorities say a fire that started in a dryer forced hotel guests out into the cold Tuesday morning.It happened at the Studio Plus Extended Stay Hotel on Wake Towne Dr. off of Wake Forest Rd. in Raleigh.

The fire began before 5 a.m. and firefighters were able to put it out although guests had to remain outside because smoke alarms continued to go off.

Guests were outside until the smoke cleared. Authorities determined that the smoke alarms continued going off after the fire was out because of exhaust from a third-floor fire extinguisher.

Guests were allowed back into their rooms before 6 a.m.

Send pictures | Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts
Most Popular  |  Follow abc11 on Twitter  |  abc11 on Facebook


Load Comments