Elderly woman in hospital after fire

January 28, 2011 8:12:32 PM PST
An elderly woman is in the hospital after a fire in her kitchen.

The fire started just after 4:30 p.m. at a home in the 500-block of Walbury Drive in Knightdale.

Margaret Blaylock told dispatchers she was trapped in her house.

When firefighters arrived, they found the house filled with smoke and Blaylock on the living room floor.

Knightdale Public Safety got the woman out of the home, and she was taken to Rex Hospital for treatment.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook

Load Comments