Fire sweeps through Duke dorm room

Dorm fire at Duke's Brown Dorm (Sai Nimmagadda)
February 21, 2014 2:38:29 PM PST
A small fire was reported in the Brown Residence Hall on Duke's East Campus Thursday evening.

It happened in a third floor room around 7:40 p.m. in the 1300 block of Campus Drive.

? Click here for a Google map of the area. ?

School officials say the fire was extinguished quickly, and no one was injured.

Firefighters said the fire was contained to one room. Three other rooms, however, received smoke damage and are unusable.

The displaced residents will be moved to other rooms on campus.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental and electrical in nature.

See It On TV | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | Send us photos
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook


Load Comments