Police: House fire intentionally set

FAYETTEVILLE The fire happened at 1118 Cedar Creek Road around 3:20 a.m. on Saturday.

As firefighters tried to extinguish the blaze, they found a man dead inside the home.

Authorities originally said the fire was possibly caused by a faulty propane home heating system.

However, they later revealed that the man died of a gunshot wound to the head.

Officials said that they suspected the victim may have started the fire, but how it was ignited is unknown.

Fayetteville Police said they are not treating the man's death as a homicide.

The victim's name has not been released.

Send pictures | Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts
Most Popular  |  Follow abc11 on Twitter  |  abc11 on Facebook

Copyright © 2024 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.