Wake to collect debris on private roads


Property owners in the unincorporated areas must sign Right of Entry Agreement forms before the County can pick up debris from private, non-system roads.

Residents can get the form by:

  • Visiting the Wake County website, WakeGov.com, and clicking on the Debris link in the Storm Recovery Information box
  • Calling (919) 856-7400 to arrange for the document to be delivered Residents can return the form by: · Faxing it to (919) 743-4772 ( *if faxing form, call (919) 856-7400 to have pickup scheduled) ·
  • Calling (919) 856-7400 to arrange for the document to be collected Once the Right of Entry Agreement form has been signed and returned, Wake County staff will work to schedule debris pickup dates for the people living on the private roads who have signed the agreements.

People seeking pickup in the unincorporated areas of the County are asked to place debris along the roadway, but out of travel lanes, in two piles.

  • Vegetation such as trees and limbs cut into five- or six-foot pieces
  • Building materials and furniture

All County residents may continue to use the County’s convenience centers to drop off storm debris including vegetation and building-related debris. The facilities are open seven days a week, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Debris pick up information is available on the Wake County website.

Instructions on what to do with tornado debris is available for:

  • Residents in unincorporated areas of Wake County
  • Residents in Raleigh city limits · Residents along state-maintained roads in Wake County or Raleigh city limits
  • Residents on a private roadway or private subdivision in Wake County
  • Businesses in Wake County or Raleigh city limits
  • Residents within municipal limits of Garner, Holly Springs or Rolesville

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook

Copyright © 2024 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.