A spokesperson said people were bitten in the 5000 block of Brookhaven Drive and 4700 block of Wildwood Street.
A 90-year-old woman and her dog were the victims in one attack, and a 48-year-old woman was bitten in the second.
In one case, the fox was captured and later tested positive for rabies.
Police said residents should avoid interactions with wildlife and keep pets away from undomesticated animals.
- Be sure pets have current rabies vaccinations.
- Do not leave trash or food outside, unless it is in a trash can with a tight-fitting lid.
- If a pet is fed outside, do not leave food out overnight.
- Do not leave pets outdoors unattended.
- If your pet comes in contact with wildlife, contact your veterinarian immediately.
- Animal bites and animals that are behaving unusually should be reported immediately.
Residents of Raleigh may contact Animal Control at (919) 831-6311 to report animal complaints.