On the agenda was a controversial modern-style home going up, which is causing a stir in the community. It's also an issue that has gotten the attention of many who live outside of Oakwood as well.
That meeting was closed to the media. Organizers did tell ABC11 that they were going to talk about the home, but they wouldn't comment further.
One man with Preservation North Carolina worries it could be more.
Building supplies at the home on Euclid Street will soon sit idle when the build comes to a halt. The City of Raleigh is waiting for the written version of the decision made Monday with the Board of Adjustment to stop construction.
Some neighbors of the home said it is too modern for the historic district, so they took that concern to the city.
It's an issue that has since gone beyond Oakwood with people weighing in on social media. It may even go beyond Raleigh.
"If it can be done here in Raleigh, it means it can be done in Statesville, Charlotte or Beaufort," said Myrick Howard with Preservation North Carolina.
He says the decision to stop construction on a home that was already given the green light sets a dangerous precedent.
"If you just have an aggrieved neighbor who wants to protest and make life difficult for people living across the street, that becomes a statewide issue," said Howard.
Now, as plans for the home will be reviewed again, Howard worries this entire situation could risk the future of historic districts altogether in North Carolina.
"Beyond the fact that this is going to be a bad precedent for other historic districts, is that people are not going to want to have any more historic districts if this is what can happen," said Howard.
ABC11 tried reaching the resident who contacted the city about the home for comment, but, so far, we have not been able to reach her.