Neighbors forced out during fire

419 Chatham Street, Fayetteville

January 12, 2011 4:20:19 AM PST
Seven neighbors were forced out of their home early Wednesday morning as a vacant house burned in Fayetteville.

The house at 419 Chatham Street caught fire around 4:15 a.m.

Neighbors told ABC11 Eyewitness News they woke up to a knock at the door letting them know to get out. Ramon Brown said his house was filled with smoke.

This was not the first fire at the home. Neighbors said this was the third fire there in about a year.

Authorities believe vagrants may have started the fire while trying to keep warm.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook

Load Comments